The Department employs an exceptional variety of people from many professions and backgrounds. There are job opportunities for engineers, microbiologists, surveyors, marine zoologists, biosecurity officers, hydrographers, plant pathologists, ecologists, accountants, valuers, veterinarians, policy analysts - the list goes on.
In this topic
- Job VacanciesPositions vacant in the Department.
- Applying for a JobInformation on what to provide in your written application and how the selection process works.
- Cadetship ProgramThe NRE Tas cadetship program provides opportunities for skill development and supports participants in their future career development.
- Graduate OpportunitiesGraduate positions enable participants to enhance their theoretical studies with a role related to their degree.
- Frequently Asked QuestionsSome frequently asked questions about careers at NRE Tas and applying for jobs
- See It. Dream It. Do It.See it. Dream it. Do it. To support and encourage women working in operational and field-based roles.
- Women on BoardsIf you are interested in being appointed to a Government board you can add your name to the Tasmanian Women's Register. The register is administered by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
- Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity at NRE TasOur Belonging at NRE Tas Action Plan outlines our plan for achieving our vision, focussing on three objectives, nine initiatives and key actions over the next three years.