Rural and regional communities have particular needs. The Department helps to support and empower regional Tasmania by recognising those needs, and through programs that build self-reliance and provide support to rural communities.
In this topic
- AgricareerAgribusiness case studies utilising YouTube to demonstrate career pathways in Tasmania within agricultural enterprises plus links to Agricultural career pathways and agricultural jobs in Tasmania
- Agricultural Development FundThe $3 million Agricultural Development Fund provides funding for projects that demonstrate strong support and active partnership from industry, a clear strategy to deliver on-farm impacts, and that contribute to sustainable growth and jobs in agriculture.
- AgriGrowth Concessional Loan SchemeLow interest loans ranging from $100,000 and up to a $3 million are available to Tasmanian farm or agri-food businesses, to fund projects that otherwise could not be brought forward and/or financed under normal banking arrangements.
- Australian Government Farm Finance Concessional Loan SchemeThe Concessional Loan Schemes assist Tasmanian farm businesses experiencing debt servicing difficulties.
- Business Development Grants and LoansLinks to Business Tasmania (State Growth) and Business Enterprise Centres.
- Carbon Farming OpportunitiesThe Tasmanian Government is assisting Tasmanian primary producers to understand and access opportunities to engage in carbon farming .
- Extension AcceleratorExtension Accelerator is an exciting two-year pilot partnership program to fast-track the development of early career agricultural extension professionals.
- Farm Debt MediationThe Tasmanian Government has committed to introducing a legislated farm debt mediation scheme in Tasmania that will help farmers in financial stress deal with their creditors.
- Flood Recovery Grants 2022Grants of up to $25,000 are available to support Tasmanian primary producers impacted by the October 2022 flooding with clean-up and restoration activities.
- Future Drought FundThe Tasmanian Government is coordinating the delivery of two Future Drought Fund programs in Tasmania: the Farm Business Resilience and the Regional Drought Resilience Planning programs.
- Horticultural Netting Infrastructure ProgramHorticultural Netting Infrastructure Program provides funding to assist primary producers of horticultural crops for the purchase and installation of new netting
- Improving Energy Efficiencies On-farmSelf-audit tools and Government grants to assist you in improving your energy efficiencies on-farm
- Managing Seasonal ConditionsLinks to tools and resources to help with managing seasonal conditions
- On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate SchemeThe Tasmanian and Australian Government have committed funding to implement the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme in Tasmania. A 25 per cent rebate to primary producers and horticultural farmers to purchase and install new on-farm water infrastructure, or repair and replace damaged infrastructure is available.
- Resources for Farmers & Rural CommunitiesA list of useful counselling services for farmers and rural communities.
- Stock Underpass ProgramThe Stock Underpass Program provides grants to farmers to establish an underpass to address the issue of crossing cattle across roads.
- Strategic Industry Partnership ProgramStrategic Industry Partnership Program (SIPP)
- Women and Rural CommunitiesDPIPWE provides a Women in Rural Industries Program to ensure that rural women are connected and supported in their valuable work and their contribution to primary industries.