Flooding may be caused by heavy localised rains or floodwaters slowly flowing across the landscape or both.
Although some of the resources listed below are from other States, the information is relevant to Tasmanian farmers in managing floods.
Tips and Strategies
- FAQ Accessing Fodder in Emergency Situations, Tasmania
- Livestock Management when it's very wet underfoot, Meat and Livestock Australia
- Dairy - managing in wet conditions, Dairy Australia
- A Guide for Animal Holding Establishments, Department of Primary Industries NSW
- Buying hay or silage after a flood, NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Saving crops after flooding and high rainfall, Queensland Government
- Flooded vineyard case studies, Grape and Wine Research and Development Corporation
- Managing Vineyards After a Wet Winter and Spring, Australian Wine Research Institute
- Managing Weeds after flooding, Agriculture Victoria
- Farm Recovery After Flood, Agriculture Victoria
- Damaged fencing due to a natural disaster, Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania