or phone 1300 883 276.
Rural Alive and Well Inc.
Rural Alive and Well Inc (RAW) mission is to build healthy and resilient rural and regional communities. With an aim to reduce the prevalence of suicide in rural communities by assisting and supporting communities and individual's response to adversity by early intervention, facilitation, and prevention strategies.
Rural Alive and Well website
for further information or phone 1300 4357 6283
Mensline Australia supports men who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties, particularly surrounding family break-down or separation.
Mensline Australia's telephone counsellors are professionally trained to provide:
- confidential, professional and non-judgmental short-term counselling
- direct telephone linkage to local services if required
- relevant information and referrals to services and support programs in your area
- relationship coaching and practical strategies for managing difficult situations.
for further information.
Beyondblue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders in Australia.
Beyondblue is a bipartisan initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments with a key goal of raising community awareness about depression and reducing stigma associated with the illness
Visit beyondblue's website
or call free info line 1300 22 4636 for more information.
Life Line provides a national 24-hour telephone counselling service.
Phone 13 11 14
Relationships Australia (Tasmania), phone 1300 364 277 and you will automatically be directed to the nearest office in your area.
There are six branches that provide services in Tasmania. Relationships Australia (Tasmania) employs trained professional staff to counselling support to individuals, couples and families to enhance, maintain and where necessary manage changes in their relationships.
Relationships Australia (Tasmania) provides the following range of Relationship Support services:
- Relationship Counselling - Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and North East.
- Family Mediation Service - Hobart and Launceston.
- Relationship Skills Courses - Hobart, Launceston and Devonport.
- Break Even Gambling Counselling - Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and North East.
- Step-families Family Integration Service - Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and North East.
- Children's Contact Service - Hobart, Launceston and Devonport.
- Contact Orders Program - Hobart and Launceston.
- Services for Youth - Launceston and North East.
- Men and Family Services - Hobart and Launceston.
Relationships Australia website
for further information.
Life Link Samaritans
Life Link Samaritans offer support, counselling and training to all members of the community. They are non-religious and non-political.
No matter what time of the day or night, there is no problem too big or too small that you can't discuss with their caring trained telephone befrienders.
Services offered by Lifelink Samaritans Tasmania include:
- Phone befriending service
- Face to face befriending
- Community training in suicide awareness
- Training in active listening
- Support for all involved following a suicide and/or suicide attempt.
The Lifelink Samaritans offer a 24-hour free, confidential statewide telephone befriending service.
Telephone 1300 364 566 (Statewide)
firstname.lastname@example.orgAsking for help is a sign of courage - not weakness.