The Award has two categories:
Rural Women's Award and Acceleration Grant.
The 2024 Awards applications will open on 13 September 2023.
What is the AgriFutures Rural Women's Award?
The AgriFutures Rural Women's Award is Australia's leading Award in acknowledging and supporting the essential role women play in rural and emerging industries, businesses, and communities.
- recognises, celebrates, and acknowledges exceptional women and their vital contribution
- provides financial and practical support to implement award winners' visions
- celebrates exceptional contribution to rural communities and industry
- builds skills in industry and leadership
- provides important recognition for the value of women in agriculture
Despite its name, the Award is primarily NOT about being the best rural woman - it is about identifying a learning opportunity that you believe will benefit you and your industry.
Meet the 2023 Tasmanian Winner and Finalists. Meet the 2023 state/territory Winners.
Read the media release announcing the 2023 Tasmanian AgriFutures Rural Women's Award Winner.
Meet the 2022 Tasmanian Winner and Finalists. Meet the 2022 state/territory Winners.
Read the media release announcing the 2022 Tasmanian AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Winner.
- Each state and territory winner receives a $15,000 bursary for existing projects, businesses or programs, a $7,500 Learning and Development budget, access to professional development opportunities and alumni networks.
- The National Winner and Runner Up receive an additional $20,000 and $15,000 respectively.
- State and territory department representatives provide individuals with guidance and feedback throughout the application process.
- Previous winners and finalists have the opportunity to join the AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Alumni.
- Each state/territory has a Chair and Committee which sit on the selection panel to work alongside applicants and provide support along the way. The committees also work collaboratively with the state and territory agencies and facilitate events for Alumni in their state.
What is the Acceleration Grant?
The Acceleration Grant aims to provide Australian women with learning and development opportunities, upskilling them so they can bring their idea, cause, or vision to life.
It will run separately to the Rural Women's Award; however it will complement the process, aiming to provide a leadership and development opportunity to women who are not quite ready to apply for the Award.
- Seven x $7,000 Acceleration Grants for learning and development are awarded each year.
- Applicants are required to have an idea, a cause, or a vision in its early stages.
- The grants are awarded on merit, not per State/Territory.
- Successful Acceleration Grant applicants can apply for the Rural Women's Award in the future.
Key Dates for both categories
12 September 2023
2023 AgriFutures Rural Women's Award Gala Dinner and National Announcement
13 September 2023
2024 Applications open
25 October 2023
2024 Applications close
October 2023 - March 2024
Interviews take place with the state/territory Selection Panel. Winners are announced.
State/Territory Winners participate in a three day workshop and National Selection Panel interviews
2024 AgriFutures Rural Women's Award Gala Dinner and National Announcement
How do I apply?
The 2024 Awards applications will open on 13 September 2023. The AgriFutures Australia website provides important information about:
The Awards are open to all women involved in rural and emerging industries, rural and regional businesses, and rural and regional communities. Women must be over the age of 18 and must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. No formal qualifications are required.
You can also connect to AgriFutures Australia Facebook and connect to AgriFutures Twitter.