Seasonal work has been affected by COVID-19. Previous travel and border restrictions impacted agriculture, food processing, and critical food supply chain businesses.
In response, the Tasmanian Government's Agricultural Workforce Resilience Package provided $1.9 million over two years to attract and retain local workers.
The Package includes:
- Tassie Harvest Jobs. Take Your Pick - the local agricultural jobs campaign to encourage Tasmanians to consider new career options
- support for industry resilience, promotion and targeted development of skills and training, including an industry-sponsored boost to regional transport
- extending the Farmpoint one-stop point of contact for primary producers
- boosting Safe Farming Tasmania to ensure agricultural employees are workforce ready and workplaces are COVID-19 safe
- establishing a roundtable with experience and knowledge of the Tasmanian agricultural industry and their local communities, to provide advice on Government projects and campaigns