Biological Control Agents
Animals to be used as biological control agents may be imported into Tasmania without further restriction if release permits have been issued for these animals under the Biosecurity Act 2015 administered by the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water & the Environment.
Upon arrival in Tasmania each consignment must have on the outside of the packaging:
- a clear description of the contents (common and scientific names), and
- contact details of both supplier and importer, and
- purpose of importation, and
- a copy of the Commonwealth Government's approval for their importation into Australia.
- Upon request consignments must be presented to a Biosecurity Tasmania Inspector for inspection at an approved place.
- No soil or plant material is to be within the consignment without approval.
For further information: