Cane Toads - Non-viable (Preserved)
The importation of live cane toads (Bufo marinus
) is prohibited
under section 32 of the Nature Conservation Act 2002
- Cane toad - means an amphibian of the species Bufo marinus.
- Wildlife Management Branch - means the Wildlife Management Branch of the Resource Management and Conservation Division of the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment in Tasmania.
- Possession permit - means a permit issued under Section 18 of the Wildlife Regulations 1999.
The following conditions apply for the importation of preserved cane toads into Tasmania:
- The cane toads must be dead; and
- The importer must have a possession permit from the Wildlife Management Branch; and
- Copies of the possession permit must be attached to at least one container in each shipment; and
- The importer must observe all conditions set by the Wildlife Management Branch permit.
For further information: