Cane Toads - Non-viable
The following conditions apply to the importation of non-viable (dead)
cane toads into Tasmania:
- Prior to importation permission must be obtained from Wildlife Services. For further information contact Wildlife Services on email Wildlife.Services@nre.tas.gov.au.
- The importer must observe all import conditions set by Wildlife Services.
- Any documents relevant to the importation issued by Wildlife Services must be attached to at least one container in each shipment.
- The cane toads must be non-viable (dead) and be either frozen or have been 'preserved' by one of the methods described on the Biosecurity Tasmania webpage Preserved Specimens.
- On the outside of the packaging must be:
- a clear description of the contents (both common and scientific names), and
- contact details of both the supplier and the importer, and
- purpose of the importation.
Upon request, consignments must be presented to a Biosecurity Tasmania Inspector for inspection at an approved place.
For further information: