The following pages provide a wealth of information on planned fire management, native bush (including different types of native bush), threatened species, weed identification and management, plus river, wetland and geoconservation information.
In this topic
- Benefits of Native BushThe benefits of maintaining and improving the health of native bush are numerous but they are not always obvious.
- Characteristics of Healthy BushHow to recognise healthy bush.
- Condition of Your BushAssessing the health or condition of your bush will help you decide what management is necessary.
- General ManagementSome guiding principles for managing remnant bush that can be modified to suit your particular situation and needs.
- Identify Your Bush TypeKeyed information that will help you identify and manage native bush on your property.
- Planned Burning ManagementA range of tools and strategies to assist Tasmanian private landholders with fire management.
- Tasmanian Bushcare ToolkitThe Toolkit provides landowners, community groups and extension staff with a comprehensive guide to the management and conservation needs of native bush. The toolkit covers a wide variety of topics including different vegetation types, threatened species, revegetation and weed management.