Become a Gardens for Widlife Member
Register as a 'Garden for Wildlife' and show your support for Tasmanian wildlife.
Gardens for Wildlife Membership Form
Membership cost: $20
Your membership package includes:
An attractive ‘Garden for Wildlife' sign for display on your front gate or letter box
A copy of the ‘Gardens for Wildlife - Sharing our gardens with wildlife' booklet
A ‘Garden for Wildlife' sticker for your bike, car, front door or fridge
Benefits of membership to the GFW scheme include:
- Contributing to the conservation of local native plants and animals;
- More time to enjoy your garden by reducing maintenance time and costs;
- Reducing excess water through wise water use, such as mulching and use of local native plant species which are better able to tolerate drought;
- Benefits from having native birds and insects in your garden through natural pest control (no need for chemicals), increased pollination and fruit/flower set leading to better production; and
- Increase awareness about the scheme through display of your sign and encourage others to create wildlife-friendly gardens.
‘Gardens for Wildlife' is a not-for-profit scheme aimed at encouraging wildlife-friendly gardens and environment-friendly practices in urban and sub-urban gardens.