Tasmanian Waste and Resource Recovery Board
The Tasmanian Waste and Resource Recovery Board is established under the Waste and Resource Recovery Act 2022 and plays a major role in advising Government on the direction for waste management, resource recovery, and the Circular Economy in Tasmania. The Board is supported by the Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania, and is a key part of the Government’s policy to reduce waste going to landfill and increase resource recovery.
The Board has a number of functions and powers, including to
- provide advice and recommendations to the Minister,
- prepare and assess the effectiveness of a waste strategy and operational plan,
- promote and support resource recovery activities across the State,
- promote market and local infrastructure development, oversee the use of waste levy funds, and
- administer several assistance programs as specified in the Act.
Further information about the Board can be found on their website: Tasmanian Waste and Resource Recovery Board.