The Ministerial Advisory Council on Forestry (2014-2018) developed and presented the Strategic Growth Plan for the Tasmanian Forests, Fine Timber and Wood Fibre Industry (the plan) to the Tasmanian Government on 17 March 2017.
Strategic Growth Plan (PDF 1Mb)
The plan was developed to provide direction to enhance employment and profitability in Tasmania’s forest sector. The elements of the plan are consistent with the recommendations made to the Australian Government in 2016 by the National Forest Industry Advisory Council for enhancing the industry nationally.
Transforming Australia’s forest products industry – Recommendations from the Forest Industry Advisory Council.
Strategies were developed to support the eight core elements included in the plan. These elements are:
- industry representation and collaboration
- meeting community expectations
- Tasmania’s wood and wood fibre resource
- research, innovation and extension
- encouraging investment
- essential public infrastructure
- market development and strategic marketing
- skills retention and development.
Strategic Growth Plan – Tasmanian Government’s response
The Minister for Resources, on behalf of the Tasmanian Government, provided a formal response to the plan’s recommendations as part of the Tasmanian Government’s 2017-18 Budget.