Weeds have a significant impact on the Tasmanian environment and economy. Find out how to identify and manage declared and environmental weeds. Help STOP THE SPREAD.
In this topic
- Weeds IndexUse our indices to identify weeds found in Tasmania. Information includes images for identification, control guides, and management plans.
- Tasmanian Highly Invasive Grasses ProjectHighly invasive perennial grasses pose a serious threat to Tasmanian agriculture and horticulture by competing with desirable pastures and crops, reducing stock carrying capacity, tainting wool and fur and, in the case of one invasive grass, even causing stock injuries.
- Weed HygieneIncludes general advice on weed hygiene for machinery, vehicles and equipment in order to prevent weed spread.
- Weed Legislation and Management PlansIncludes information on the Weed Management Act 1999, State Response Plan, Weed Plan and Tasmanian Beach Weed Strategy.
- Environmental WeedsWeeds that invade bushland and threaten native plants by out-competing them are known as environmental weeds.
- Weed Publications and ResourcesUseful resources for those interested in weeds and weed control. Includes links to websites and online brochures, and a reading reference list.
- Tasmanian Weeds Action FundDetails of funding for the Tasmanian Weeds Action Fund