The Office of the Surveyor General (as part of the Location Services Branch) provides survey consultancy services to government, which include the provision of advice and surveying services, and the acquisition of surveying services from the private sector via a web-based tendering process. It also administers the Register of Tasmanian Surveyors and provides an EDM comparison facility for use by the surveying community.
In this topic
- Brokerage of Survey ServicesThe Office of the Surveyor General acts as broker on behalf of the Tasmanian Government for the acquisition of surveying services from the private sector.
- Capability StatementMore information about our range of specialist surveying services.
- EDM Comparison FacilityThe Office of the Surveyor General provides a facility for the testing of linear measuring and positioning equipment against national standards.
- Legal TraceabilityThe necessity for demonstration of legal traceability in the particular context of cadastral surveying, arises from the National Measurement Act 1960.
- Surveyor RegistrationThe Office of the Surveyor General administers the Register of Tasmanian Surveyors and the surveyor registration process.