The Office of the Valuer-General provides an impartial, efficient and cost effective valuation consultancy and land acquisition service to meet the requirements of Government, local government, public authorities and the general public.
- the direction, control and management of the valuation of land in accordance with the
Valuation of Land Act 2001
- maintenance of a Valuation Roll for each Valuation District in the State
- custodianship and maintenance of property and land information Data Sets
- professional advice to Government, Government agencies and Local Government on property issues including the sale, purchase, leasing and management of property assets
- formulation of policy and the undertaking of valuations of Crown land property assets in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards and Treasury guidelines
- in accordance with section 40 (8) of the
Land Acquisition Act 1993 the approving of assessments of compensations made under that Act
- provision of data to the State and Commonwealth Grants Commissions
- provision of adjustment factors for Land Value, Capital Value and Assessed Annual Value together with estimated trends in Capital Value for each Valuation District.
The Office of the Valuer-General does not determine
Council Rates, Land Tax and Water billing
. For more details regarding issues regarding rates and taxes, please contact the relevant
rating and taxing authority.
Information and Assistance
The Office of the Valuer-General provides information and assistance in many areas of valuation and the following points of contact are listed for reference: