IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A FINE, PLEASE DON'T IGNORE IT.
Fine notification slips are no longer provided by the Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) Stewards.
Participants will be advised by ORI Stewards of a fine imposition at the time it is issued, and the fine will also be published in the relevant racing code Stewards Report or Stewards Inquiry Decisions found on the ORI website at www.nre.tas.gov.au/racing.
A tax invoice will be issued for the payment of fines. In accordance with the Rules of Racing for each code, the Director of Racing has determined that the payment of all fines is required within 30 days from the date of invoice.
Invoices will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that up to date email contact details are listed in the relevant industry systems (ie. SNS, Harvey and Ozchase) or to contact the Office of Racing Integrity to request an invoice via another method.
The available invoice payment methods are provided on the bottom of the invoice.
Failure to pay a fine within the specified timeframe may result in your name being placed on the Forfeits/Defaulters List by the Director of Racing.
Once placed on that List, you are considered a disqualified person and subject to the same restrictions and penalties as specified in the Rules of each racing code. You will remain on that list until outstanding monies are paid in full and removal of your name has been ratified by the Director of Racing.
If you are unable to pay the fine in full by the due date or need more time to pay, you must apply in writing to the Director of Racing for a Payment Plan to pay by instalments:
- within 7 days from the issue of the fine by Stewards; and
- if a Payment Plan is subsequently approved, pay the agreed scheduled instalments on time.
Written applications to the Director of Racing are to be lodged via email@example.com.
A Payment Plan will only be approved by the Director of Racing under the following circumstances:
If approved by Director of Racing, the amount of each instalment will be based on the following:
- the amount of the individual fine imposed is more than $200; and
- there are reasonable circumstances that prevent the participant from paying their fine in full by the due date; and
- the participant has not defaulted on payment of a previous fine; and/or
- the participant has not defaulted on a previous Payment Plan.
- total amount of outstanding fine(s); and
- minimum fortnightly instalments of 20% of the total outstanding amount; and
- the participant's ability to pay.