Giant Crab Catch Reporting
New catch record and quota docket books
Licence holders / supervisors of a Fishing Licence (Giant Crab) entitlement have been sent the new Giant Crab Catch Record and Quota Docket Book.
This new book has replaced:
- Giant Crab Catch Record Book and
- Commercial Giant Crab Quota Docket Book.
When to start using the new books
Your first trip for the new quota year (1 March 2022 – 28 February 2023) onwards - not before.
What to do with the old books
- pink and white unused copies of any Giant Crab Catch Record logbook sheets from you book and
- pink, yellow and white unused Commercial Giant Crab Quota Dockets from your book.
Post these in the reply-paid envelope to NRE Tas.
- used white copies of your Giant Crab Catch Record logbook sheets and
- used white copies of your Commercial Giant Crab Quota Dockets.
These copies need to be retained by you for a minimum period of 5 years.
New combined Commercial Giant Crab Catch Record and Quota Docket Book
The new combined Commercial Giant Crab Catch Record and Quota Docket Book aims to simplify and reduce paperwork for fishers, provide more real time catch and effort data to IMAS /NRE Tas and create a reporting platform for the transition to electronic reporting. There were several issues with the old books that often resulted in paperwork moving backward and forwards between the Department and the fisher.
Please read the instructions on how to fill in each part of the new Commercial Giant Crab Catch Record and Quota Docket Book carefully before your first trip of the new quota year as there are some new “boxes” to complete as well as familiar sections. There are completed examples of dockets in the front of the new book to assist you with the changes.
Instructions and examples
Download instructions and examples for the new Commercial Giant Crab Catch Record and Quota Docket Book: