Scalefish Catch Reporting
New catch record and quota docket books
Licence holders with a Fishing Licence (Scalefish) entitlement have been sent the revised Commercial Catch, Effort, and Disposal Return book - F3033.
This new book has replaced:
- the old version of the Commercial Catch, Effort, and Disposal Record book – F2708.
Also available on request is the new version of the Fish Transfer or Sales Receipt Book - F3034.
When to start using the new books
- Your first trip for the new licensing year (1 March 2022 to 28 February 2023) onwards.
What to do with the old books
- Remove all unused blue and white pages in the old version of the Commercial Catch, Effort, and Disposal Record book – F2708
- Post these to Department of Natural resources and Environment Tasmania (NRE) in the reply-paid envelope provided.
- Keep all used white copies of your commercial catch, effort and disposal records—these need to be retained by you for a minimum period of 5 years.
Commercial Catch, Effort and Disposal Return Changes
All holders of a fishing licence (scalefish) will be issued this new book.
We have removed banded morwong from this commercial catch and effort return as that sector now has its own return specific to that fishery. All holders of a scalefish licence—excluding holders of a fishing licence (banded morwong) and fishing licence (octopus)—that have a vessel on the licence package will be issued this new book.
- updated instructions to reflect the changes
- updated fishing block maps and other cosmetic changes to the layout
- updated tables on the fold out flap.
In Part A the:
- “BMW Ent. No.”, “Supervisor Name”, and “Mobile No.” fields have been removed.
In Part B the:
- fields specific to banded morwong have been removed
- “Discard Weight” and “Discard Code” columns for recording scalefish species discarded have been included for each “Estimated Weight” retained species columns—noting that at this stage only the species listed on the fold out flap are required to be reported when discarded
- “Final Place of Landing” column has been moved to between the “Estimated Weight” and “Interactions” columns
- number of catch and effort lines has been reduced from 14 to 10 to allow for the number of lines related to “Catch Disposal” to be increased.
In Part C the:
- number of lines related to catch disposal has increased from 6 to 10
- “Catch Disposal (Banded Morwong Only)” fields have been removed
In Part D the:
- Reference to Part D has been removed and the supervisor “Declaration” has been updated and moved to the bottom of the return.
Instructions and examples
Download instructions and examples for the revised Commercial Catch, Effort, and Disposal Return book: