Commercial Wildlife Traders Licence

​A Commercial Wildlife Traders Licence authorises the holder to:

  • buy, receive or acquire products of wildlife as specified on the licence

  • possess and sell or otherwise dispose of the products of wildlife as specified on the licence

What species does​ the licence cover?

The species that can be possessed, bought or sold under a CWTL includes;
  • ​​Bennett's wallaby (Red-necked wallaby)

  • Rufous wallaby (Tasmanian pademelon)

  • Brushtail possum

  • Forester kangaroo

  • Cape Barren goose

  • European Fallow deer that are not farm deer

Additional species will be assessed on a case by case basis.

​Essential Information

  • this licence commenses on the 1st of July each year and ends on the 30th of June the following year.

  • there is a fee for this licence.​

How ​​​​​do I apply?

Read the fact sheet and complete the Commercial Wildli​fe Traders Licence Application Form. Lodge the Application Form and pay the fee at any Service Tasmania service centre. ​​


Wildlife Services

GPO Box 44,
Hobart, TAS, 7001.