A guide to living on the land with our unique, and often vulnerable native wildlife. Discover the solutions that landowners, fishers and home owners can use to ensure the future of our precious wildlife heritage.
In this topic
- Tasmanian Wildlife RoadkillInformation about how to avoid animals on Tasmanian roads, what to do if you hit an animal with your car, and how to report Tasmanian Wildlife Roadkill.
- Living with DucksA guide to living with and protecting our native ducks, to help ensure their future in Tasmania.
- Living with Brush-tailed PossumsDiscover how to deal with possums that raid your vegetable garden and take up residence in your roof.
- Living with Eagles and HawksA guide to solving the problems that landowners may sometimes face that will ensure that these magnificent bird of prey continue to survive.
- Living with Kangaroos and WallabiesLandowners occassionally come into conflict with wallabies and kangaroos. These guidelines will assist in finding solutions to these problems.
- Living with Native HensThe native hen's fondness for clover and legumes may bring them into conflict with some farmers. Discover how to live with this unique bird.
- Living with SealsMisconceptions can arise in our understanding of the relationship between seals and the fishing industry. Discover the facts.
- Living with SnakesAll snakes in Tasmania are venomous. Find out how to keep yourself and your family safe from snakes.
- Living with Tasmanian Devils and QuollsOur unique native marsupial carnivores occasionally come into conflict with landowners. Discover the solutions to these problems.
- Reptiles in CaptivityA look at what is required when keeping reptiles in captivity: housing, feeding & health issues plus the code of practice and permit application form.