Application for Public Land Male Deer Ballot
Entries for the 2022 Public Land Male Deer Hunting Ballot closed on the 15 January 2022.
Results will be published by close of business Monday 24 January 2022.
The 2022 Public Land Male Deer Hunting Ballot will run through the male deer season only (26/2/2022 – 3/4/2022).
The antlerless season is allocated through an online booking system. Registrations open February 2022.
Important note: Castle Cary, Buxton River, Tooms Lake are closed to hunting from 1 July 2021 – 1 March 2022 due to wedge tailed eagle and falcon breeding seasons. Hunting in these Reseves is not available during the first ballot period/opening week of the 2022 male deer season.
Ballot Closing Date: Close of Business Saturday 15 January 2022.
Ballot Draw Date: 17-21 January 2022.
Issuing of authorisations
Authorities to successful hunters will be posted or emailed in early Febraury.
For further details see
Public Land Deer Hunting Ballot.
Terms and conditions
There are several important terms and conditions which successful applicants have to adhere to.
This includes the:
- The permit holder must be in possession of a current hunting licence to take fallow deer
- Fires are not to be lit. Cooking by gas or liquid fuel stove only
- No cutting or removal of living or dead vegetation is permitted
- The possession and use of chainsaws is prohibited
- Vehicles are to keep to existing tracks
- Permit holder is to wear an item of high visibility clothing while hunting (cap or vest)
- The authority of this permit is not transferable to another person
- The permit holder is to complete the reverse side of this permit and return it to Game Services Tasmania within 14 days of the close of the fallow deer season
- This permit must be produced on demand of an authorised officer
- Notwithstanding the period specified above the Crown may revoke this permit at any time
- The permit holder must adhere to the Hydro Tasmania Terms and Conditions document
As we have just collected your personal information, we are required to inform you that this information is collected and stored in accordance with the principles of the Personal Information Protection Act 2004. This means that the information will only be used for game management purposes, under the authority of the Nature Conservation (Wildlife) Regulations 2021. You have the right to access or amend any of your personal information collected by the Department. Our website has more information about the
Department’s Personal Information Policy.