Reporting Wildlife Offences
Please report suspected wildlife offences as soon as possible, as this can prevent the loss or destruction of evidence as well as unneccessary animal suffering.
- Reports of an urgent nature -- call Investigations and Enforcement Section Duty Phone: 0417 661 234
- Reports relating to the illegal use of firearms - call Tasmania Police: 131 444
When reporting a wildlife offence please ensure your report contains the following information:
- Your full name and contact details.
- Anonymous reports can be provided however providing your contact details enables officers to clarify information and this is treated in the strictest confidence.
- Date and time of incident.
- Details of the incident and species involved.
- Offender/s details including name, address and contact information, if known.
- Registration numbers of vehicles and vehicle descriptions.
- Address of where the incident has taken place.
- Any photos or video of the incident
- Any further information that may assist with the investigation.